This episode is LIT! American slang is used a lot by certain people in the US. If you don’t know the terms, it can be very hard to join in the conversation, even for native speakers. In today’s episode, David and I discuss when to use slang, as well as the terms: slay, crush, kill, destroy, salty, coming in clutch, fly, low-key, sick, extra, done, fam/family, lit, dope, woke, shade/ to throw shade. Bonus: we discuss how to order your Philly cheesesteak!
⇒ ⇒ ⇒ Get a free copy of the transcript here!
- We discuss when to use slang
- Talk about the meanings and uses of the terms slay, crush, kill, destroy
- Discuss how to order your Philly cheesesteak
- The slang terms salty, coming in clutch, fly, low-key, sick, extra, done, fam/family, lit/dope, woke
- Wow, Merriam Webster has written an article on shade / to throw shade (actually, they just added it to their dictionary, along with lots of great terms!)
- Rachel’s Summer of Slang series on YouTube.