This week’s show answers questions from you, the students. Rachel and David will discuss the difference between COLLAR and COLOR (AH [ɑ] and UH [ʌ]), the word ‘liberty’, the Light and Dark L, and more. Oh, and we’ll both fail a tongue twister test.
To submit your questions for consideration on the podcast, email help@RachelsEnglish.com and put ‘Podcast Question’ in the subject.
⇒ ⇒ ⇒ Get a free copy of the transcript here!
- What’s the difference between COLLAR and COLOR (AH [ɑ] and UH [ʌ])?
- How to pronounce ‘liberty’?
- Is the L in CALL light or dark? Is there really an L sound in the Dark L?
- Does Rachel do voiceover for WatchMojo?
- Can you do the tongue twister ‘Red lorry yellow lorry’? (Tough because of the R’s and L’s!)
- How do you pronounce the T in DEFINITELY? Is it a Stop T or a Flap T?
- Is Rachel getting old? (spoiler alert: yes)
- How should you link two vowel sounds?